Episode 2, season 2 of the Persuaders Podcast - with PhD Maiken Røed.
This time we talk to Maiken Røed, who recently defended her PhD thesis, at the department of political science at Lund University. In her research Maiken primarily focuses on interest groups, political parties as well as the EU. In this episode we discuss when political parties listen to interest groups - in the light of Maikens recent paper “When do political parties listen to interest groups?” - published in January 2022. In our discussion Maiken - among other questions - answers:
- Which type of parties copy from proposals from interest groups?
- What does media attention mean for how much political parties copy?
- Do political parties change how much they copy and adopt up to elections? And what is the difference between incumbents and opposition parties?
- What does the political system mean for adopting proposals from interest groups?
- If you are an interest group is it then better to stand alone or find alliances in terms of increasing your chances of party adoption?
Answers to all these questions in just 30 minutes!
This episode is sponsored by Ulobby, the leading SaaS-platform for Public Affairs professionals in the Nordics.
The episode was produced by Sidsel Nørgaard.